Friday, June 10, 2005

« When columnists go up against Jennie Finch »

By Suss
Jennie FinchI don't need an excuse to post a picture of Jennie Finch, but after reading ESPN.com columnist Gene Wojciechowski's piece on his experience batting against the standout softball pitcher, I had to find a good one and show it for all to see.

A slew of big league pitchers have struck out against the guy in exhibition at-bats: Albert Pujols, Mike Piazza, Richie Sexson, to name a few. Many of them struck out, looking just plain stupid in the dust.

And she's gorgeous, which makes it OK, because nobody wants to get mowed down by an uggo.

She's engaged to thye Arizona Diamondback "farmhand" (he was on the team last year because of injuries but now thanks to good free agents he's in AAA) Casey Daigle, a.k.a. the luckiest bastard in the face of the earth. Of course, I say that now looking at the picture on the right (and I am, probably as you read this) but I am reminded of a picture I was e-mailed many years ago of a cookie cutter big-breasted girl in a tight swimsuit with the caption "No matter how good she looks right now, somebody's sick of putting up with her shit."

So I'm not jealous after all. But I'm glad I never have to bat against her. Then again if I faced anyone I'd swing and miss by about 4 feet, because I have what the experts call "poor athleticism."